For your plan under the Aboriginal Community Funeral Plan (“The Plan”)
Set out below is a summary of the important points to remember about your plan.
- The Plan is run by ACBF Funeral Plans Pty Ltd, which is a private company. The company is not connected with or sponsored by any governmental or similar body or any Aboriginal organisation.
- The Plan is an Insurance product. The Plan is NOT a pre-paid funeral or savings plan, there is no money “in your plan”. In return for the payments made, a payout will be available because of a group insurance policy obtained by the Plan from an insurer.
- The Plan is designed to provide a payout to help pay funeral and related expenses only. This could include transportation, flowers, headstones or any other cost related to the funeral.
- The whole of the payout amount you choose must be used for funeral and related expenses.
- The plan is available for as long as you want it. All you need to do is keep making your payments every fortnight. Each payment made ensures that the payout amount is available for that fortnight.
- Fortnightly payment amounts increase when Named persons reach certain ages and it is important that these increases are paid when they are due. These increases are set out on the back page of your Application form/s.
- You can ask to cancel your plan at any time. When a plan is cancelled we will not give any money back and the payout amount will no longer be available.
- If you have missed making 4 or more payments there will be no payout amount available. If this happens, a letter will be sent giving you 31 days to contact us.
- After these 31 days, if you have not contacted us, another letter will be sent telling you that your plan has been cancelled.
- When a plan is cancelled we will not give any money back and the payout amount will no longer be available.
- If the information given to us about the age or health of a person was wrong or misleading, we can limit the payout amount and we may be entitled to treat the plan as if it never existed.
- A payout amount will not be made available if a Named person passes away from suicide or intentional self-injury within twelve months after the date of commencing to be a Named person. In these circumstances the payments that had been made for that Named person will be refunded (up to an amount equal to but not more than the payout amount would have been).
If you are not sure about any of the information on this page, or if you would like to discuss the details of your plan further, please phone our Customer Services Team on 1800 622 924, as they will be happy to speak with you.
Suite 216 Level 2, The Strand, 72-80 Marine Parade, Coolangatta, QLD 4225
PO Box 1188, Coolangatta, QLD 4225
TEXT / SMS 0438 935 122